Tuesday, 27 May 2008

We’ve moved to Spain and it’s brill!


Sorry I’ve not be writing much lately but we’ve been so busy that today is the first chance I’ve had to get on the computer.

It all started about a week ago when suddenly all our favourite chairs were gone and we were left with some other chairs that weren’t as nice. But we didn’t have them for long before we were off for a drive in the car. It was different this time, usually we’re in our travel crate which is getting a bit small for me and Brandy to be in at the same time, but this time our crate was there, but we also had some room to walk about and our favourite cushion was there for us to lay on. There was enough room for both me and our Brandy to lie down if we wanted to.

I didn’t want to at first, there was so much to see outside the window but it got boring after a while and it got a little bit hot so I went into our travel crate ‘cos it was cooler in there.

I remember we stopped a few times and we got some nice treats – much better than our normal dinner. We had a long stop at one place and this man came with a big truck and took a wheel off the car, and then he put it back on again. I don’t know what that was all about but after that we were all back in the car, again, and went to somewhere called Plymouth. We liked Plymouth, there was a really good park near the hotel but it was really windy and our ears were blowing about a lot.
We stayed in this hotel and had to go up lots and lots of stairs. We were really tired after being in the car all day so we were glad to go to bed.

The next day we were up early for a walk and then we were back in the car. We were hoping we weren’t going to be in the car as long as the day before, that was a long time. But, we were only in the car a little while and we drove into this big boat. Mum had to give my passport to this lady and so now I know what all those visits to the vet was for – so I could go on this big boat. Our Brandy hasn’t got his yet but they still let him on.

But, WE DIDN’T LIKE THE BOAT – IT WAS HORRIBLE!

We wanted to go back in the car.

They put us in prison! Mum and Dad carried us up in this lift thing with other dogs with their mums and dads. They all had their beds and toys and treats, just like us and we thought we were going into another hotel like we’d just been in, but it wasn’t nice like last night. It was a cold, hard metal box with bars we couldn’t get through. At first I was in a different box to Brandy and I didn’t like being on my own, I was frightened. None of the other dogs were happy and they were all barking and shouting and making a lot of noise, which scared us even more.

After a little while mum and dad came back and gave us both a huge cuddle. We didn’t want them to go away again, but they did. This time they put us in the same box, it was a bit cramped but I didn’t mind ‘cos at least I was with our Brandy.

Mum and Dad came back ever so many times and every time I hoped they wouldn’t put us back in the box, but they did. We did go for walks but it was ever so windy and really cold and some times it was raining so we didn’t like it but we needed to pee.

They left us there to sleep at bedtime so we just had to cuddle up together and try and cover our ears to shut out the noise from the other dogs. We didn’t sleep much.

After a long time mum and dad came back and this time they didn’t put us back in the box. They just kept cuddling us for ages and then they took our beds out of the box so we knew we weren’t going back in. Then we went back into the lift and we were back at the car. I didn’t care how long we were going to be in the car, just as long as we weren’t going back in the box.

It was dark and noisy to start with but then we started to move and we could see the sky – and it was blue. Dad drove us away from the boat – I don’t ever want to go there again!

But from then it’s got better………..

1 comment:

Spanish Owner said...

Oh, you poor little darlings, I'm in tears thinking of you both on that NASTY boat!! (You think I'm telling porkies but I am in tears reading your blog, Brinkley.

Maybe Auntie "More" & Uncle Chris will be able to visit you & your mummy & daddy soon & have a cuddle. We'll bring you treats like we do when we visit friends Marion & Chris who have two dogs, Badger & Rosie.

I feel I know you as I've been following your lives since you arrived (almost).

Lots of cuddles to you, enjoy your new life, seems like you are.

xxxxx